Have you heard? The retailer Target has decided to let men use the girl’s bathrooms and fitting rooms if they “identify” as a girl.
The new policy (a victory of the aggressive LGBT lobby) is designed to accommodate so-called transgender shoppers.
An example would be a cross-dressing man who believes he is a woman. That man can now freely walk into the women’s restroom or changing room if that’s the gender he claims to identify with.
Thanks to the glory of modern technology, a video surfaced of a man testing this new policy. As you can see in the video below, he does not behave or talk in a feminine manner whatsoever. But love wins! The manager says he can walk into the women’s restroom and if any girls have a problem with it, they can take it up with him.
Naturally, a large group of Target shoppers are outraged about this.
The LGBT community is a fraction of a % of the US population. To create new policies that endanger women and children simply to appease the LGBT members is unforgivable in the minds of many.
There is now a wildly popular movement to boycott Target
From the American Family Association:
On its web site this week, Target announced, “[W]e welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity. …Everyone deserves to feel like they belong.”
This means a man can simply say he “feels like a woman today” and enter the women’s restroom…even if young girls or women are already in there.
Target’s policy is exactly how sexual predators get access to their victims. And with Target publicly boasting that men can enter women’s bathrooms, where do you think predators are going to go?
Clearly, Target’s dangerous new policy poses a danger to wives and daughters. We think many customers will agree. And we think the average Target customer is willing to pledge to boycott Target stores until it makes protecting women and children a priority. [Emphasis theirs – Derek]
From ABC News:
More than 1 million people and counting have now signed a petition calling for a boycott of Target stores over the retail giant’s transgender bathroom policy.
The petition is being driven by the American Family Association, a conservative organization that has a long history of involvement in American cultural battles.
And as highlighted by Breitbart News, the boycott is beginning to hurt Target’s profit margin.
#BoycottTarget UPDATE 5/18/16:
Apparently, Target’s market cap has dropped over 10 billion dollars in the 29 days since they decided to endanger women and kids.
— The Unifour (@TheUnifour) May 18, 2016
The bathroom battle goes beyond department stores. “Transgender” men can now go into the girl’s restroom throughout the state of Washington. Even in schools!
These crazy new bathroom policies aren’t limited to Target. Entire cities and states are now allowing men to walk into the women’s locker room or restroom. Even in schools.
From New York Daily News:
A Seattle, Wash. community is in uproar after a man undressed in the women’s locker room at a local pool, seemingly to test a new rule that allows transgender people to use the bathroom of their gender identity, according to King 5 News.
An unidentified man wearing board shorts walked into the women’s bathroom of Evans Pool, in the heart of Seattle, on Monday evening.
The women inside the locker room at the time attempted to kick him out, but the guy refused and said “the law has changed and I have the right to be here.”
The man was referring to a local rule passed in December that mandates all public restrooms to allow transgender people to use bathroom assigned to their gender identity.
The rule applies to schools, businesses and parks.
The state ruling enacted by the Human Rights Commission of Washington was met with criticism by some in the state who thought the rule went too far.
But efforts to repeal the rule halted in January when a judge ruled that the bill to reject transgender bathroom access would not get a hearing.
He returned to the restroom for a second time later that evening, when young girls were changing for swim practice. [Emphasis mine – Derek]
Pushing the insanity one step further… in Washington it is also illegal to question a man who enters the women’s locker room or bathroom.
You Will be Made to Care: Washington State Makes it Illegal to Ask a Man What He is Doing in a Women’s Restroom
If you live in Washington State and you’re a woman, and a man walks into a locker room and starts undressing in front of you, it is now illegal for you to ask him what he is doing there, much less ask him to leave. If you have discomfort with the situation, you have to leave the locker room quietly. The naked guy gets to stay.
The Washington State Human Rights Commission, a regulatory agency, has been empowered by the Washington State legislature to draft legally binding rules for businesses to prevent “discrimination” on the basis of “sexual orientation and gender expression[.]” The commission has released its final rule, and boy is it a doozy.
Among other things, the rule makes it illegal to ask “unwelcome personal questions about an individual’s sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity, or transgender status.” In other words, not only can women not prevent a person with full male equipment from entering their restroom or locker room, they can’t even ask what he is doing there.
…The rule also makes it illegal for a business (including a school) to deliberately misuse the pronoun any person would prefer, thus meaning that Washington State has joined the city of New York in fining people who call human males “he” if they decide they want to be called “she.”
Again I emphasize that this rule applies to schools as well as businesses, so if a first grade teacher encounters a boy who one day suddenly declares that he is a girl, the teacher must now refer to him as “she” at the risk of being fined and/or fired.
The Washington State Human Rights Commission doubles-down on insane new policy
You may be wondering, “who the hell is behind this insane and dangerous new policy?” That would be the Washington State Human Rights Commission. Tax dollars hard at work!
They released an official statement on the Seattle pool locker room incident. It reads like something from The Onion, but this is their actual position. As published on the Washington State Human Rights Commission website:
Beware the slippery slope of tolerance
One of biggest threats posed by the Love Wins™ LGBT lobby is that they never stop pushing for more “tolerance.” Tolerance of their lifestyle.
While it may seem like the right thing to do, we have to be mindful of what tolerance can lead to.
This crazy situation of cross-dressing men fighting for their “human right” to pee or undress next to little girls is just the beginning.
Groups who fall within the same concentric circles as the LGBT activists are now pushing for pedophile acceptance. No joke! They are trying to justify it as a sexual orientation! They want to teach your kids that pedophilia is normal.
And recently in Sweden, the youth wing of the Swedish Liberal party recently lobbied to legalize incest and necrophilia.
You want to be TOLERANT, don’t you?
You wouldn’t want to be known as a BIGOT, would you?
Where does it end? I’d rather be called a bigot now than deal with bigger problems later. Like when the LGBT activists push to make it illegal to criticize pedophilia.
Why Target misses the mark on their new tranny bathroom policy
Target’s effort to appease a fraction of a percent of the US population comes at a severe cost. A billion dollar blunder.
Most importantly, it creates a dangerous environment for women and children. Who knows how many will be sexually assaulted by opportunistic predators?
Secondly, many parents don’t want their impressionable young children exposed to such unnatural lifestyles. What happens between closed doors with consulting adults is one thing. Forced exposure to children is another.
Worse still, Target’s bathroom battle contributes to the slippery slope that will only bring more deranged policies to our society. Today in Washington, men can shower with little girls in the locker room. What will tomorrow bring, if you keep down that path?
With their new tranny bathroom policy, Target misses the mark big time. They’ve made a bold declaration. They’ve joined a nationwide group of activists who are using the government to force degenerate lifestyles on people who want nothing to do with them.
Target has angered and alienated their customer base. And after hearing of the boycott, they reinforced their decision to employ the new policy.
Knowing this, I believe Target deserves to reap what they’ve sown. Their billion dollar blunder is a golden opportunity for traditional-minded, locally owned retailers who provide a safe environment for their customers.
The American College of Pediatricians has made a bold declaration on the push to normalize transgenderism. This this big news, as there has not been many (any?) statements made so far from reputable health organizations.
Their stance? As published on the American College of Pediatricians website:
Originally posted March 21, 2016 – a temporary statement with references. A full statement will be published in summer 2016. Updated with Clarifications on April 6, 2016.
The American College of Pediatricians urges educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex. Facts – not ideology – determine reality.
1. Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: “XY” and “XX” are genetic markers of health – not genetic markers of a disorder. The norm for human design is to be conceived either male or female. Human sexuality is binary by design with the obvious purpose being the reproduction and flourishing of our species. This principle is self-evident. The exceedingly rare disorders of sex development (DSDs), including but not limited to testicular feminization and congenital adrenal hyperplasia, are all medically identifiable deviations from the sexual binary norm, and are rightly recognized as disorders of human design. Individuals with DSDs do not constitute a third sex.1
2. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one. No one is born with an awareness of themselves as male or female; this awareness develops over time and, like all developmental processes, may be derailed by a child’s subjective perceptions, relationships, and adverse experiences from infancy forward. People who identify as “feeling like the opposite sex” or “somewhere in between” do not comprise a third sex. They remain biological men or biological women.2,3,4
3. A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking. When an otherwise healthy biological boy believes he is a girl, or an otherwise healthy biological girl believes she is a boy, an objective psychological problem exists that lies in the mind not the body, and it should be treated as such. These children suffer from gender dysphoria. Gender dysphoria (GD), formerly listed as Gender Identity Disorder (GID), is a recognized mental disorder in the most recent edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Association (DSM-V).5 The psychodynamic and social learning theories of GD/GID have never been disproved.2,4,5
4. Puberty is not a disease and puberty-blocking hormones can be dangerous. Reversible or not, puberty- blocking hormones induce a state of disease – the absence of puberty – and inhibit growth and fertility in a previously biologically healthy child.6
5. According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.5
6. Children who use puberty blockers to impersonate the opposite sex will require cross-sex hormones in late adolescence. Cross-sex hormones (testosterone and estrogen) are associated with dangerous health risks including but not limited to high blood pressure, blood clots, stroke and cancer.7,8,9,10
7. Rates of suicide are twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBTQ – affirming countries.11 What compassionate and reasonable person would condemn young children to this fate knowing that after puberty as many as 88% of girls and 98% of boys will eventually accept reality and achieve a state of mental and physical health?
8. Conditioning children into believing that a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse. Endorsing gender discordance as normal via public education and legal policies will confuse children and parents, leading more children to present to “gender clinics” where they will be given puberty-blocking drugs. This, in turn, virtually ensures that they will “choose” a lifetime of carcinogenic and otherwise toxic cross-sex hormones, and likely consider unnecessary surgical mutilation of their healthy body parts as young adults.
This pushback from the medical field is well appreciated. Currently, “transgenderism” is listed as a mental illness by the World Health Organization. But, LGBT lobbyists are working hard to make it seem as normal and American as apple pie.
Leave a comment and weigh-in on the nationwide bathroom battle!